by Ellie McHale
Oh yeah, Boss. Anything for you. If I could rock sideburns like you, I would cover you.
Instead, I’ll just share my favorite covers with everyone. Is that cool, Boss?
[Disclaimer: I’m not usually a fan of covers, but sometimes, people really can do someone else’s song justice. There is no particular order, just ten covers that I enjoy.]
1. Placebo – Running Up That Hill (Many apologies if you are forced to watch a Romney-Ryan ad.)
2. Robyn – Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
3. Sinead O’ Conner – Nothing Compares 2 U
4. Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah
5. Jewel – Wild Horses
6. Yoav & Emily Browning – Where Is My Mind?
7. Guns N Roses – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
8. Jimi Hendrix – All Along The Watch Tower
9. Mundy – Galway Girl
10. Nirvana – Man Who Sold The World
Let’s be real for a hot minute. Y’all saw my Prince post, right? When I got the honor of seeing him at Coachella right after an amazing Portishead set, Radiohead’s “Creep” magically happened. It was probably the greatest live music moment in my whole life. Even four years later, I can still say that. Prince’s cover of “Creep” will forever be my favorite cover. But, of course, I can’t share that with you. But, imagine it. It really is that magical. Promise.