by Ellie McHale
There were riots in the streets of San Francisco Sunday night. Our beloved Giants won the World Series for the second time in three years. That’s wonderful, but it has injected unnecessary violence in many and secured the bandwagon effect in even more. After the 2010 World Series, thousands of wannabe hipsters claimed to be the team’s numero uno fan without watching a lick of baseball their entire lives or even that season up until the World Series. It has been the biggest Bay Area trend I have seen in the last five years. You can only imagine the thousands of fresh faced hipsters that are going to join the gaggle of “Los Gigantes por Vida!” folk.
Therefore, in honest, legit hipster fashion, I’m even more over the Giants now than I was two years ago. While I’m proud that the Bay Area has a strong team, I never was a baseball fan and probably never will be.
So, I give you my top ten songs that celebrate the losers our there in the world. Detroit, this one is for you!
1. The Strokes – I Can’t Win
2. Morcheeba – Everybody Loves A Loser
3. Ray Charles – Born To Lose
4. Beck – Loser
5. Atmosphere – The Loser Wins
6. The Beatles – I’m A Loser
7. Bruce Springsteen – Glory Days (This video is fitting for the season)
8. The Rolling Stones – You Can’t Always Get What You Want
9. James Taylor – Fire & Rain
10 Tom Petty – Even The Losers